Monday 12 March 2012

Which digipack design worked well?

From the feedback given from the series of digipacks tat I created. The digi pack which got the most votes but also in my favour was "digipack design 4" with the CD designs which is black and white but the white areas have been filled out with different colours for each band member. Here is the digi pack in which I will use for as the promotional package of the release of Edelweiss' album...

Front cover


Back cover


CD design


Insert


I have chosen this design because I think that the brand image and band identity is clear on this digipack. The design clearly reflects the band member's quirky attitude towards their style and the way they act and pose on the photograph of the digipack. I also think that this design layout, colour scheme and the fonts used on the digipack reflect the genre of music that is produces from this band. I also wanted the colour scheme to be kept simple yet with huge contrast on colours and so the use of black whites and no greys creates the contrast in colour to be quirky. Moreover, on the back of the digipack, I have included the logo of Polydor which is a well known record production company who has signed artists and bands such as The Maccabees. Furthermore, the back cover also has a bar code and the websites of the band Edelweiss for their fan page and the website of their record company, Polydor. I have done this because it is what is usually included onto the digipack.

No comments: