Tuesday 24 January 2012

Actual locations and props used for music video


I decided to film the band members at Woodthorpe Park in Nottingham. At the time of when I filmed, it snowed, and this was good because it added to the mysterious and eerie atmosphere.

The other location of which I chose to film was in a dark drama room in school. This was also a good location of where to film the band members playing the instruments and singing the song because of the plain black background. the darkness of the room created and reflected the gypsy punk genre of the song.


Here is one of the lighting props in which I have used for when I filmed the band play the instruments in the drama room. The lighting was used to to shine on the band members as they were playing the instruments and singing the song. 



Throughout my music video I have used candles, this is what I have intended to used from the beginning of planning my music video. 

When it came to filming the band playing the instruments and singing the song in the black drama room, some of the instruments and props we had did not match what I had in mind for my music video. I wanted to have a microphone and stand for the lead singer to sing the song. I was not able to include this into my music video because we did not have it. So I improvised by not having a microphone and stand in my music video. Furthermore, the drum kit in which we had, did nit have the stand to assemble it together, so I decided to show the drummer playing the drums scattered around. In my opinion, this looked better then what I imagined it to be. I think that the drum kit looks better then it assembled together as how it would normally be seen. 


I also used beer bottles in my music video, this is what I initially intended to used for my music video. 




 


As I first planned it, i have included someone smoking in my music video.









No comments: