Thursday 1 December 2011

Bombay Bicycle Club - Influences

Bombay bicycle club - Always like this


I have used this music video by Bombay Bicycle club as inspiration for my own music video. I like the fast past quirkiness that corresponds with the beat of the song. It also follows the genre of the song. I also like how there is minimal lip synchronisation footage shown in this music video, which would be easy to recreate as it take minimal editing requirements. Another technique in which I prefer from this music video is the vintage style play back and fast forward filming techniques with the play button and the fast forward button. This adds to the vintage effortless style of clothing that the band members have chosen. By looking throughout other music videos that they have created, their style of clothing has kept the same. The effortless and not dressed up clothing helps to reflect the genre of their song as it is alternative, indie folk sounding. This clothing concept is similar to what I intend to use for my band members in my music video. 


Bombay Bicycle Club are an English indie rock band from Crouch End, London. The band members are Jack Steadman (lead vocals, guitar), Jamie MacColl (guitar), Ed Nash (bass) and Suren de Saram (drums). The band were asked to play the opening performance of 2006's V Festival. The genre is indie rock, indie folk and twee pop. There record labels are Island Records and A&M/Octone Records. 








I think that the deign layout of the album cover and CD is simplistic yet effective at reflecting how the band are seen and their genre of their music. The design is slightly asian interpreted which reflects the name of the band. As a design, I think that it is good with creating a band image by having the name of the band act as a logo, this would be seen everywhere where the band are, to show their fans. 

No comments: