Friday 23 September 2011

My final Chosen Band - Edelweiss

Band members:
Coby Porlier - Drums
Thomas Vitale - Bass guitar and vocals
Niko Porlier - Guitar and Vocals
Tony Young - Guitar
Jupiter Cashman - Key boards and other percussion instruments

Genre: Chinese Pop / Gypsy Punk
Hometown: Stroudsburg, PA, USA
Websites: http://edelweissofficial.bandcamp.com/

They have been in the band together for two years. The two brothers Coby and Niko started to create music together and they met the others at school and from friends of friends.

Their influence comes from a range of music artists such as Beirut, Battles, Yourself, Air and Bloc Party.

Played in many shows in New York and played in Venues and clubs.


I have chosen this band because I think that their music is easy to work with due to the electronic keyboard beats plus the song is upbeat and not slow so it will engage the viewers of the music video entertained. I also think that their songs are easy to work with to create a music video.  

Below are their songs in which I consider to create a music video:

Fiasco by Edelweiss


No by Edelweiss


Icarus by Edelweiss

By listening to the songs that my chosen band has produced, there are a few artists and bands who have a similar style to them in they way they play the guitars, drums or the beat of the song. In my opinion, I think the style and genre of music is similar to a band called "Two Door Cinema Club"
Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk


I think that the beat of this song and the use oif guitars is similar to the song that I have chosen from Edelweiss. Due to this I may also look at Two Door Cinema's music videos to gain inspiration for narrative, costume ideas and editing movements for my own music video.


No comments: