Friday 21 October 2011

Desired camera angles and shot types for music video

In my music video, I want to include a range of camera movements and angles to achieve a professional quality look. I also want the camera angles to portray the genre of the music, so fast pass and quirky shots of the band would help to reflect this to my audience. Seeing as the genre of the music that I have chosen is indie, punk rock I will want to use a range of camera movements, mainly close up shots showing instruments being played; I have found that this is common in music videos of this genre. I also want to show extreme close up shots of individual band members whilst they are playing the instruments or to show lip synchronisation.

I would also want to use a mixture of long and medium shots of the band members to show the style of clothing that they are wearing to my audience but to also show the locations of where the band is seen in my music video. Long shots may also be used to show all of the band members, so that the audience can tell how many people are in the band.

Furthermore, I want to uses low and high angled shots of each band member playing the instruments so that the audience can see the people in the band from different angles and not just from the front at eye level.

I may also consider using tracking shots to show the movement of the band members. I hope to use this so that the audience can "see in the eyes of the band" and take the position of the band members. In order, to create tracking shots, I will ask the each of the band members to hold the camera at their chest or below their chin, but have the camera facing the ground so that the camera will take footage of their shoes walking through the woods. This will bring out the mysterious atmosphere I want to portray to my audience.

No comments: