Sunday 2 October 2011

Music Video Preparation - Props



At the beginning of my music video, I plan to have candles glowing in the background. The camera would focus and blur out of the candle to give a glowing effect in the music video. I would also place candles around the band whilst they are playing. 


 

I want to create an mysterious atmosphere once the band are shown to show the audience that they are new and waiting to be discovered. This would also reflect their music genre. I want to include the lead band member inside sleeping in a tent in the middle of a forest so that it shows that he is lost and confused of where he is but it would also reflect the eeriness in the song.  

















To reflect the rebellious and fun personality of the band members of my chosen song (Edelweiss) and the people who are going to star in my music video , I want to put water onto the drums and on the hair of the drummer so when it is filmed in slow motions the effects of the water splashing from the hair and the drums would create a wonderful image for my music video because it is different and it would also it would reflect the lyrics of the song as it is about going against rules which in turn creates a "fiasco".






This will be used by the lead singer only; he will also play the guitar at the same time. This is because I have shortened the band members to three instead of four because I thought that the three fitted will inside the frame for the music video and I thought that four people in the music video felt that it was too crowded.   




In my music video I would want to show the band members drinking and smashing bottles of alcohol on the ground so that it would reflect the lyrics of the song but to also show the rebellious side of the band members. Stating to their viewers that they are not pop artists, they are alternative rock artists with the elements of gypsy punk included in their songs. As this will be shown in the music video, I would be aiming for an older and mature target audience, preferable those who are of the age of 16 and above because there will be reference to alcohol in my music video


Smoking would also be shown in my music video which is why I would be aiming for a mature audience.



I want to show fire in my music video because it reflects what the song is about and thus emphasising what the fiasco in the song is about.

No comments: